12 days in Havana, Cuba so far. Arrived late night on a Thursday night. The first surprise I got was the use of 2 different currencies in Cuba. The CUC: Cuban Convertible Peso seems to have been created just for tourism to replace the dollar but now many cubans use it since most of them come in contact with tourists in Havana. Monday, 25 January 2010
Havana: Sun and Salsa
12 days in Havana, Cuba so far. Arrived late night on a Thursday night. The first surprise I got was the use of 2 different currencies in Cuba. The CUC: Cuban Convertible Peso seems to have been created just for tourism to replace the dollar but now many cubans use it since most of them come in contact with tourists in Havana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was wondering if you were going to update!
ReplyDeleteHandy that you look Cuban and it's good that the cop checked to see if you were a local ripping off a tourist - good news for the tourists!